More and more Americans are adopting the Vegan lifestyle. Whether it be for health or philosophical reasons, the Vegan choice has seen a significant surge in popularity over the last ten years. Those committed to the lifestyle wouldn’t dream of abandoning their beliefs for something as insignificant as missing out on mainstream baked goods. But, even the most content Vegan will admit to occasionally eyeing a cupcake or brownie with envy. The amazing folks at SimpleDish have created a Vegan Vanilla Cupcake that will wow everyone, vegan or not. These treats are no-fail, entirely vegan and absolutely delicious. Follow the recipe below, serve at your next get together and prepare to see the conversion happen in your friends.
Very Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes Baking Recipe:
- 1 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup of cane sugar or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. milled flax
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla rice milk, mildly warmed
- 2 Ener-G egg replacer “eggs” or 1/4 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup of vegan soy-free butter
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 12-cupcake baking pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix the flours together with the guar gum, milled flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, egg replacer (or yogurt), rice milk, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the bowl of liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon cupcake batter evenly into each liner.
- Place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to fully cool before topping with your favorite vegan frosting.