While the main ingredient is a relatively mundane fruit, this dessert is nothing to dismiss without a try. This Saint Patrick’s Day, celebrate in true Irish style with this whiskey infused treat. The bananas are simmered in brown sugar and Irish whiskey until tender. Then they are plated and served with a heaping scoop of cool and refreshing ice cream. Serve some Irish Coffee with the dessert and guests will revel in their Irish spirit long into the night.
Here’s what you will need for the recipe:
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup of packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup of your favorite Irish Whiskey
- 4 large bananas. Peel and cut in half lengthwise
Irish Bananas baking recipe:
- Melt your butter over medium heat in a skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in your brown sugar and whiskey.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Once everything has dissolved, add your bananas to the skillet and simmer gently until the bananas are tender and glazed with the syrup mixture.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Warm, savory and delicious. What more could you want after a long day of St. Patty’s Day revelry?